Ever wonder who the highest earning artists in the Hip-Hop industry are? We see them on TV like on shows like MTV cribs showing off their excessive indulgences and we listen to them on the airwaves singing about money, sex, bling blig and you name it – they’ve sang about it! But I don’t know about you, I always wonder Fhow much money these Hip-Hop artists really make. Well Forbes has it all figured out (of course they do – afterall it’s Forbes)!Once again Forbes has put together a list of the Hip-Hop Cash Kings and the top five highest earners are:
- Diddy earned the top #1 spot (for the second consecutive year) pulling in $62 million over the past year.
- Jay-Z ranked 2nd placevwith earnings of $53.5 million.
- Dr. Dre came in 3rd place cashing in $42 million.
- Drake who took the #4 spot earned $38.5 million (not bad for the young man).
- Wiz Khalifa took the #5 spot by earning $24 million (alrighty Wizzy boy)!
According to Forbes, “To formulate our list, we consider pretax income from touring, record sales, streaming, publishing, merchandise sales, endorsements and other business ventures. Management, agent and attorney fees are not deducted. Earnings are calculated from June 2015 to June 2016 and based on data from Nielsen SoundScan, Pollstar, Bandsintown, the RIAA and from interviews with managers, lawyers, executives and a handful of the artists themselves.”
Read more about this article on Forbes and watch the video (link above). Did you’re favorite Hip-Hop artists make the top 10 list or not?
[contentblock id=2 img=gcb.png]
(c) copyright www.thehotjem.com